General Manager - IT, Sydney (Perm)
As IT General Manager this role is to:
- Lead and manage the IT Team (c. 25 staff), including mentoring, goal setting, priority management of tasks, performance appraisals and disciplinary actions
- Develop and deploy the IT Strategy in support of the company’s mission and core objectives
- Manage the annual Opex and Capex budgets and ensure financial targets are met
- Develop and implement all IT Policies and Procedures,
- ensure processes are continually reviewed and improved;
- To be aware of current and future needs of the company to ensure systems development and delivery keeps pace with these needs
- Manage relationships and SLA's with third parties
- Provide management of the IT Program of Projects
- Provide IT Inputs into Bids and Tenders
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organisation’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding IT activities
- Degree level qualification in IT preferred and proven IT management experience
- A track record of driving and defining IT Strategy, Program Management, and policy development;
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols and standards;
- Exceptional communication skills are essential in order to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues
- Experience of managing multiple IT disciplines – software development, infrastructure, technical support etc;
- In depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties;
- Experience in delivering IT projects and support services;
- Previous experience in developing and maintaining large real time operational support systems;
- Strong understanding of HR management principles, practices and procedures;
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to work closely with colleagues and customers at all levels.
To apply please send your suppprting documentation by clicking here.
Tools & Environment Lead - Sydney (Perm)
The role of Tools and Environment Lead is to provision and configure development and test tools and environments to delivery teams within the application portfolio.
Key technical accountabilities include:
- Support the development and testing tools for application teams
- Own and manage automated build and continuous integration processes
- Responsible for quality checking code through automated unit testing and build failure management
- Deploy and maintains development, training and test environments
- Participate in capability development and training to align with Sydney Water's evolving technology profile including skill transfer and guidance
- Implement tasks allocated by the functional lead to provide enhancements and to meet customer service requirements
- Produce appropriate system documentation as required
- Day to day task management of resources
- this role is required to be worked on a 20 day month work pattern
Skills and experience required:
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure underlying application platforms
- Experience in improving development processes using Agile/Scrum
- Good communication skills, team focus and dedication to customer service
- Ability to lead, support and train others on development and testing tools
- Minimum 5 years' infrastructure or devOps support experience
- Demonstrated experience in implementing new and innovative technology solutions
- Experience with application configuration
- Technical expertise in:
- Application servers
- Automated build environments
- Development and testing tools
- Experience supporting enterprise software applications
- Hands on experience in Continuous Integration environment
- Ability to manage development, test and training environments
- Management of up 30-40 test workstations including upgrades, software updates and windows patching
- Understanding of security requirements for infrastructure connecting to the Internet or external providers
To apply please send your CV by clicking here.
Business Intelligence Lead - Sydney (Perm or Contract)
This role is to coordinate the operations and quality outcomes of business intelligence services ensuring service stability and delivery.
- Day to day task management of BI staff and contract staff
- Assist in resourcing and optimal utilisation of resources
- Day to day management of support contracts and contract resources
- Vendor management
- Drive continuous improvement in underlying data quality and structure
- Assist, lead, problem solve and undertake development of BI solution components
- Ability to mentor, coordinate, maintain and prioritise tasks and resources
- Strong written and verbal communication and influencing skills, with experience in presenting to stakeholders at all organisational levels
- Ability to problem solve difficult issues to arrive at a technical solution that meets the business needs
- Minimum 10 years' in IT with 7 years' experience in BI delivery/lead roles
- Experienced in developing and contributing to establishing standards, governance, methods and delivery process improvements
- Experienced in training and coaching business users
- Strong working knowledge of database technologies
- Experience in dealing with technology vendors, associated contracts and licence management
- Experience working with large enterprise applications
- Experience in coordinating and allocating tasks
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Unix (preferably Solaris)
- Hands on working knowledge of Agile methodologies, ideally Scrum
Minimum 7 years' experience with SAP Business Objects Enterprise Suite. Technical expertise in:
- BI data quality management
- Data Modelling including tools such as ERWIN
- Data analytics
- Report delivery
- Customer self service capabilities
To apply please send your CV by clicking here.
Business Analyst Practice Lead - Sydney (Perm)
The BA Practice Lead is responsible for:
- Leadership, line management and performance of IT Business Solution and BA Practice members.
- Supporting continuous personal development of Practice members assigned to projects within the Capital Program.
- Performing the role of champion for quality improvements to methodology and proceess.
This position will work an average 50% as a Senior BA on delivery projects and 50% as Practice Lead - Business Analysis. The Practice Lead will be accountable for BA Delivery, Team Leadership and Line Management, Practice Management
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience of 8+ years in business analysis working on major complex IT projects with budgets ranging from $1M - $20M.
- Effective people management and leadership skills gained in a large complex IT team environment.
- High level of liaison, communication (oral and written), negotiation, consultation, conflict resolution, change management, documentation and report writing skills.
- Experience in identifying, researching, evaluating and implementing new and emerging business analysis standards, best practices and requirements management tools.
- Ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate functional/technical specifications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business analysis in a technology environment, including full system development lifecycle, supporting tools/processes and related activities such as business engagement models.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching senior members of staff.
- Degree qualifications in computer science, IT, business or commerce discipline. Post-graduate qualifications preferred.
To apply please submit your CV and relevant details by clicking here.
Change Manager - Sydney (Perm)
The role of Organisational Change Management (OCM) Manager is to lead the OCM practice and resources to achieve quality outcomes, staff utilisation and OCM capability development. Additionally support the development of high value business outcomes, in line with the IT strategy, that are useable, agile and simple.
Key accountabilities include:
- Lead and mentor team members in OCM best practices and maintain exciting OCM capabilities, tools and methodologies
- Ensure that the change management outcomes are aligned with program outcomes. Participate in project reviews/audits as required.
- Manage the OCM resources are assigned to appropriate projects and tasks to meet the project needs and portfolio priorities.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders within IT, the Business and external vendors.
- Promote and expand the role of OCM, demonstrating the value of the OCM team.
- Provide leadership, staff development, team business plans, delegate work and tasks to ensure outcomes are delivered.
- Ensure systems of work and processes are effective and the structure of the team supports the work to be done.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the OCM.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the business, stakeholders and vendors.
Skills and experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or business with experience in applying Organisational Change management practices and leading a team of Change practitioners.
- Proficient use of IT Project scheduling packages, Risk and Issue management software.
- Experience in leading a team in the change management elements of deploying complex systems or projects.
- Experience in practice leadership involving the development and implementation of best practice OCM methodology and competency initiatives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of an organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of OCM techniques, tools, and practices, and the proven ability to develop training and educational programs in OCM.
- Ability to think strategically from an OCM perspective and deliver on the strategy.
- Experience in contributing to and promoting the OCM practice
Please submit your application by clicking here.
|Showing 1 - 5 of 43||Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next||
|"I have had the pleasure of working closely with Tim over five years. I engage Tim to recruit for my software developer/architect/DBA/QA type roles over a variety of technologies and
Development Manager, Hubb Financial Group
| "Tim successfully recruited senior roles for our group. He has selected appropriate candidates who remain employed within our group after 3 years which is testament to his recruitment abilities and personal style".
Regional Director, Property Services Group.