Technical Network Manager - Sydney (contract)
This role is to be responsible for providing technical expertise to design, implement and suport a large, complex, muti-site network environment. You will be required to analyse customer requirements, assess network capacity and capabilities ensuring they are able to adequetly support the day to day business operations. You will also monitor and report on the network performance. Additional higher tiered support for the network and components wil be required.
You will be part of the RFP phase, assessing and evaluating the selection of a suitable vendor, manage deployment contracts, identify associated infrastructure and manage the vendor relationship through the build and integration phases.
Desired Skills & Experience
We are looking for experience at a the realtionship management and technical ends in a large, complex multi site network environment.
- experience in analysing, designing, implementing and suppporting network services in a large, complex, diverse desktop envirnment
- ability to work to deadlines and deliver cmplex work within challenging timeframes during periods of major change
- ability and willingness to respond to support issues, requests and events, providing resolution options.
- knowledge of netowrk components in ITIL/ITSM environments.
- strong undestandning and expericne with vendor management and governance.
To apply please send your CV and supporting information by clicking here
Senior Systems Engineer - Sydney (Perm)
Join a small, professional managed services company based in North Ryde. You will be a key member of the projects team which involves solution design and implementation, technical leadership and mentoring and pre-sales technical assistance. You will also be a member of the technical leadership team which is responsible for establishing the technical direction and best practice for client solutions.
- Engineer and implement system solutions for customers
- design,implementation and support services for Windows, Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint, etc
- Escalation point for all NOC support issues
- provide technical specifications and pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- assist with technical presentations and support marketing initiatives/activities
- keep aware of customer projects and issues
- design and maintain technical and project documentation
- collaborate with the leadership team on the design and build of new services and product offerings
- Prior experience working with a Systems Integrator or Managed Services Provider in the role of 3rd level Systems Engineer is essential.
- Strong knowledge and experience across Microsoft Server technologies.
- Extensive experience in the implementation and L3 support of Microsoft Exchange (2010, 2013)
- Strong knowledge and experience across server virtualisation design, deployment, and support skills. (VMware is a prerequisite)
- Strong knowledge and experience with Citrix XenApp and NetScaler gateway
Other Experience well regarded:
- IT Strategy and Consulting experience.
- Knowledge and experience across storage solutions and storage area networks. (HP highly regarded)
- Knowledge and experience across network design and implementation including switching, VLAN, and WAN solutions
- Exposure to Cloud Solutions (Office365, Backup as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, DR as a Service)
- System hardware builds, racking and cabling, server consolidation projects, office relocation projects
- Experience in the design and implementation of Backup and DR solutions including ShadowProtect, Symantec Backup Exec, etc
- Experience in the design and implementation of Security, Firewalls and Anti-Virus solutions
The role requires strong influencing and relationship building skills, the ability to operate in a fast moving, change oriented environment and a strong drive for results. You must be a good communicator both in written and verbal styles, think on your feet, have the ability to see and act on opportunities and be skilled at working with complexity.
An enjoyable, flexible and knowledge transfer environment exists with continual learning opportunities for the right candidate.
To apply please click here
General Manager - IT, Sydney (Perm)
As IT General Manager this role is to:
- Lead and manage the IT Team (c. 25 staff), including mentoring, goal setting, priority management of tasks, performance appraisals and disciplinary actions
- Develop and deploy the IT Strategy in support of the company’s mission and core objectives
- Manage the annual Opex and Capex budgets and ensure financial targets are met
- Develop and implement all IT Policies and Procedures,
- ensure processes are continually reviewed and improved;
- To be aware of current and future needs of the company to ensure systems development and delivery keeps pace with these needs
- Manage relationships and SLA's with third parties
- Provide management of the IT Program of Projects
- Provide IT Inputs into Bids and Tenders
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organisation’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding IT activities
- Degree level qualification in IT preferred and proven IT management experience
- A track record of driving and defining IT Strategy, Program Management, and policy development;
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols and standards;
- Exceptional communication skills are essential in order to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues
- Experience of managing multiple IT disciplines – software development, infrastructure, technical support etc;
- In depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties;
- Experience in delivering IT projects and support services;
- Previous experience in developing and maintaining large real time operational support systems;
- Strong understanding of HR management principles, practices and procedures;
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to work closely with colleagues and customers at all levels.
To apply please send your suppprting documentation by clicking here.
Tools & Environment Lead - Sydney (Perm)
The role of Tools and Environment Lead is to provision and configure development and test tools and environments to delivery teams within the application portfolio.
Key technical accountabilities include:
- Support the development and testing tools for application teams
- Own and manage automated build and continuous integration processes
- Responsible for quality checking code through automated unit testing and build failure management
- Deploy and maintains development, training and test environments
- Participate in capability development and training to align with Sydney Water's evolving technology profile including skill transfer and guidance
- Implement tasks allocated by the functional lead to provide enhancements and to meet customer service requirements
- Produce appropriate system documentation as required
- Day to day task management of resources
- this role is required to be worked on a 20 day month work pattern
Skills and experience required:
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure underlying application platforms
- Experience in improving development processes using Agile/Scrum
- Good communication skills, team focus and dedication to customer service
- Ability to lead, support and train others on development and testing tools
- Minimum 5 years' infrastructure or devOps support experience
- Demonstrated experience in implementing new and innovative technology solutions
- Experience with application configuration
- Technical expertise in:
- Application servers
- Automated build environments
- Development and testing tools
- Experience supporting enterprise software applications
- Hands on experience in Continuous Integration environment
- Ability to manage development, test and training environments
- Management of up 30-40 test workstations including upgrades, software updates and windows patching
- Understanding of security requirements for infrastructure connecting to the Internet or external providers
To apply please send your CV by clicking here.
Business Intelligence Lead - Sydney (Perm or Contract)
This role is to coordinate the operations and quality outcomes of business intelligence services ensuring service stability and delivery.
- Day to day task management of BI staff and contract staff
- Assist in resourcing and optimal utilisation of resources
- Day to day management of support contracts and contract resources
- Vendor management
- Drive continuous improvement in underlying data quality and structure
- Assist, lead, problem solve and undertake development of BI solution components
- Ability to mentor, coordinate, maintain and prioritise tasks and resources
- Strong written and verbal communication and influencing skills, with experience in presenting to stakeholders at all organisational levels
- Ability to problem solve difficult issues to arrive at a technical solution that meets the business needs
- Minimum 10 years' in IT with 7 years' experience in BI delivery/lead roles
- Experienced in developing and contributing to establishing standards, governance, methods and delivery process improvements
- Experienced in training and coaching business users
- Strong working knowledge of database technologies
- Experience in dealing with technology vendors, associated contracts and licence management
- Experience working with large enterprise applications
- Experience in coordinating and allocating tasks
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Unix (preferably Solaris)
- Hands on working knowledge of Agile methodologies, ideally Scrum
Minimum 7 years' experience with SAP Business Objects Enterprise Suite. Technical expertise in:
- BI data quality management
- Data Modelling including tools such as ERWIN
- Data analytics
- Report delivery
- Customer self service capabilities
To apply please send your CV by clicking here.
|"I have had the pleasure of working closely with Tim over five years. I engage Tim to recruit for my software developer/architect/DBA/QA type roles over a variety of technologies and
Development Manager, Hubb Financial Group
| "Tim successfully recruited senior roles for our group. He has selected appropriate candidates who remain employed within our group after 3 years which is testament to his recruitment abilities and personal style".
Regional Director, Property Services Group.